Sheryl and Sons

Sheryl and Sons
I told you they were big.

Monday, October 15, 2012

My Ad Here

     Since I started writing this blog, several friends have asked if I would be interested in gathering my stories into a book.  Why yes, as a matter of fact I would!  I'd be very interested!  Very, very interested!
     My friend C told me about a woman whose blog is attracting the interest of a publisher because of the large number of followers and advertisers.  Her blog is about raising young children, and she has found advertisers for baby equipment, diapers and baby food.
     I'd never considered advertisers.  Looking Up is about raising teenaged boys, so I started a list of possible advertisers that might want to reach veteran mothers like us.  How about:
Auto Body Shops
     Show me a teenaged boy who hasn't banged up the family car and I'll show you a boy who was grounded and had his keys taken away.  The only boys I know who haven't had a car accident are the boys who haven't been driving.
Bail Bondsmen
     Hopefully you'll never need it, but wouldn't it be good to have a phone number?
Axe Body Spray
     I admit I hate the way this stuff smells.  But imagine what it's covering up.
Expensive Sports Academies
      This is what I said when my son was taking private baseball lessons: "If he wanted to learn piano, I'd give him piano lessons!  How is this different?"
     It's different.  Baseball is a team sport.  Dueling pianos doesn't count.  But try telling that to a parent whose son is desperately hoping to make the Freshman A squad.
Apartment Rental Agents
     Happy to have your college grad back at home?  Happy about the additional cooking, cleaning and laundry?
Cleaning Services
     Surely this needs no explanation.
     I don't think the list looks too promising. My best chance of reaching more readers is asking you to become a member of the blog and tell your friends.  Just take one minute to share this link while you are waiting for your driver's side mirror to be re-attached.

No comments: