Sheryl and Sons

Sheryl and Sons
I told you they were big.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Tales from the Laundry Room

My boys do not care what they wear.  Cleanliness is a plus but certainly not a necessity.  Clothing is regularly rescued from the floor and given the smell test.

My older son came home from college for the weekend with the requisite dirty laundry overflowing out of the trunk of his car.  He acted appropriately sheepish as he loaded up my laundry room, knowing that I would wash, dry and fold around ten loads.  But I was so happy to have him home that I really didn't mind.

I noticed many new t-shirts, each different, but all advertising "Kilroys on Kirkwood."

"It's a bar in Bloomington, Mom," he said.  "Thursday is $3 t-shirt night."

My son turned 21 at the beginning of the school year, so I was not surprised to hear that he was now patronizing a particular bar.

"It looks like you are quite a regular," I said, as non-judgementally as I could.

He rolled his eyes anyway.  "Mom, for a $3 cover you get a free t-shirt."

"That is a good deal," I admitted.

"I know!" exclaimed my son.  "I wish they had shorts and socks!"

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Sheryl, I loved this and can certainly relate to your story. A certain member of the Golembeski family owns 7 Green Beer Day tee shirts!