Sheryl and Sons

Sheryl and Sons
I told you they were big.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Looking Up

My husband comes from a big family. I don't mean that there are lots of relatives, I just mean that they are big. I married the runt who is only 6'4" and swears he'd be taller if his legs weren't bowed. His brothers measure 6'5" and 6'6", and his cousin is a mountainous 6'8". And it's not just the men. It wasn't until my son hit six feet tall that he finally passed his eighty-six year old grandmother.

This was all quite overwhelming to me when I joined the family. My excitement at becoming pregnant was tempered by my sister-in-law who said, "You are pretty small to carry a Solomon baby. You might want to start smoking."

The title of my blog is "Looking Up." It not only refers to my stature in comparison to my teenaged boys, but mostly to my attitude as I see them growing into magnificent young men.

No comments: